1. Collection of Information
You can browse and use our site as described in the User Agreement without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you register and give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on third party servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- name, email address, phone number, fax number, mailing address, store location address, billing address;
- financial information, such as credit card or debit card numbers used to make purchases;
- transactional information based on your activities on our site (such as recipes, ingredients, shopping lists, meal plans and calendars, food preferences, health data, kitchen preferences, posts, searches, prior purchases, sales, blog posts, invites, application uses, correspondence sent through our site or to us, ratings, reviews, recommendations, and other content that you generate that relates to your account);
- information from your interaction with our site (such as computer and connection information, page views, keywords searched, IP address, and other statistics on site usage); and
- information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to us as a seller, we may run a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
2. Use of Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the products, services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- tell you about our services, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
3. Disclosure of Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a user’s listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations or bill collection)
- Strategic partners offering integrated products or services through StressFreeRecipes.com;
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, username history, IP address, fraud complaints, and transaction history;
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and provide consent when using a specific service).
4. Information Available to Other Users
Your username is displayed on recipes, recipe reviews, and on blog comments (and thus is available to the public), and is connected to all of your activity on our sites. If you access our site from a shared computer, certain information about you may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you, so always logout completely after each use and consider deleting the browser's cookies for added security.
The advertisements you see on our sites are served by us or by our service providers. But we also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites; and (2) advertising networks, which collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests. We do not permit these third parties to collect personal information about you (such as email address) on our site, nor do we share with them any personal information about you.
6. Use of Information Obtained from STRESSFREERECIPES.com
StressFreeRecipes.com enables its users to share recipes, food photographs, recipe reviews and/or blog comments with our online community. You agree to use the information of other users only for: using services offered through StressFreeRecipes.com; StressFreeRecipes.com transaction-related purposes; and other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
7. Third Parties
8. No Spam
We and our users do not tolerate spam. You are not permitted to add other StressFreeRecipes.com users (including a vendor or organization or a representative of a vendor or organization), to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report spam or spoof emails to us, please forward the email to email@example.com. You may not use our site to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement.
9. Account Protection
In order to safeguard your account, do not disclose your password to anyone. If your password becomes compromised, please notify us immediately and change your password.
10. Closing An Account
Upon your request (through use of our contact form) and provided that you do not have an outstanding balance due on your account, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions otherwise permitted by law. However, we reserve the right to continue to use non-personal information that you provided (e.g., recipes and photographs of food) pursuant to the non-exclusive license terms of the User Agreement.
We store information you provide to us on a third party computer system located in a controlled facility in the United States. We use various security measures to protect the information we collect, as appropriate to the type of information, including encryption, firewalls, and access controls. However, we can not guarantee that third parties will not unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and that other users will not abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
13. Contact Information
To opt-out of receiving marketing information from us or our sellers, you can (a) click on the subscriptions management link in the email; (b) set your Email Notification setting located under Account Settings so as to be excluded from such emails; or (c) contact us at the information provided in Sec. 13 above.